The Buskers Code of Conduct
- This Code is intended to set out a standard which, if followed, should enable busking to continue and thrive whilst protecting businesses and residents from excessive noise or prolonged exposure to the same performances.
- Music or voice shall not be amplified to a level or be so loud that either can be heard beyond a distance of 30 metres.
- Buskers shall not occupy any pitch for more than one hour at a time and shall move to another pitch, at least 50 metres away, after performing. They shall not return to the same pitch again on the same day.
- Buskers shall not set up a pitch within 50 metres of another busker.
- Buskers shall not obstruct the flow of pedestrians in the street (The Police might regard this as obstruction and take action).
In particular, sites close to fire exits, cashpoints or doorways should be avoided.
- No merchandise (eg CDs , posters etc) may be offered for sale.
- Contributions must not be solicited from passers-by. This would be regarded as begging and could result in arrest and prosecution.
- If requested to reduce the volume of music, buskers should try to do so, as far as possible, by reducing any amplification or playing quieter tunes.
- Busking in the street should not start before 8 a.m. and shall finish by 8 p.m.